Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Philip!!!

We celebrated Philip's birthday ( August 2) at his grandparents house and I was able to capture a few photos. I can't believe he's already 32!!!!!! Anyway, here are a few pics of the big day. This weekend we will be celebrating his birthday with my side of the family at Outback and I'm sure I will have a few photos to post of that event as well. My weight loss continues to go well and I have lost a total of 8 pounds. It seems since I've had Courtney that the weight doesn't want to come off as quick as it used to, but I'll take what I can get. Eight pounds is eight pounds and I'm proud of myself for making some progress. I've been looking into switching nursing school programs, but I haven't decided yet. I visited Aquinas yesterday and their program would only take me a year and a half to complete verses Belmont's program that would take me 2 1/2 years. Belmont would also be more expensive since I would be there longer, but then again I would be getting my BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) verses only a ASN (Associate of Science in Nursing) from Aquinas. However, I did learn that Aquinas does have a new BSN program, so after I completed my ASN from Aquinas and started working, my employer could pay for me to finish my BSN at Aquinas and that money wouldn't have to come out of our pockets. So many decisions to make, but I will keep you posted on what I decide. Enjoy the pics!!







1 comment:

Stacie said...

looks like a fun day. i still can't believe my brother is 32 either. :) regina and i will both tell you aquinas is great. and unless you have a strong desire to one day manage (which you can't do right out of school anyway) then having your BSN really isn't a big deal. most schools will even admit that ASN programs make better nurses b/c you are in clinicals so early and the learning is integrated through your clinical experiences. good luck with your decisions. keep us posted!